Korean medicine: traditional medicine in Korea medicines, acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping, and manual therapy
Methods of Korean Oriental medicine
Western medicine mainly treats specific diseases of individual organs; while, as Eastern medicine looks for the underlying causes of the disease throughout the body.
The basic principle of Korean Oriental medicine is to restore harmony between Yin and Yang and bringing them to their natural state. Thus, Korean Oriental medicine addresses not just the symptoms, it aims to eliminate the causes of disease, in accordance with the principles of Yin and Yang. For example, You have a fever, a feeling of chest tightness, cold hands and feet. In this case, the Korean doctor of Oriental medicine will make a conclusion about the imbalance of heat in the organism and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Methods of treatment in Korean Oriental medicine are extremely varied. It and medicines, acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping, and manual therapy. Their effectiveness and safety are tested and proven throughout the millenniums.
Medications and prescriptions
Acupuncture in the treatment of defined Continue reading
Official name: The Republic Of Korea
Voltage: in South Korea, two types of voltage — 110V and 220V. Therefore, before taking the device into the network, check what the voltage is indicated on the outlet.
How to get there: Airlines «Aeroflot» and Korean Air do direct daily flights from Moscow to Seoul. A number of airlines offering flights with transfer in various European cities and Asia. Incheon international airport is located 52 km from Seoul and is connected with the highway. It is a multipurpose facility that is used not only for transport purposes but also as an entertainment and shopping centre. To Seoul can be reached by buses-trains and taxis.
Geography. The Korean Peninsula is situated in northeast Asia. From the North-Western side boundary between the Korean Peninsula and China passes through the river Amnok river (chin. Yalu), and the North-Eastern side of the Tumen river (chin. Dominican) separates the Peninsula from China and the Russian Federation.
The Korean Peninsula bordering the Yellow sea on the West side and the East sea to the East. On all sides it is surrounded by numerous Islands, the largest of which are the jejudo and Ulleungdo.
From North to South the Peninsula stretches for 1,030 Continue reading
– The minimum military recruitment age: 20 years
– Available military manpower: 12 483 677
– Total military personnel: 5 209 000 (on the front line — 687 000, backup power to 4 500 000, as well as paramilitary — 22 000)
Annual military expense: 28,940,000,000$ (2008)
– The available purchasing power: 206 1 000 000 000 $
– Gold reserves reported by: 271 100 000 000 $
– Total working power: 23 980 000
– legally South Korea is still belligerent country. In 1953 the Korean war ended not in peace but only a truce, a cease-fire. In Korea, no peace Treaty, there is a formal agreement that would stop the war, so with the international legal point of view the Korean war as yet over. And it’s not just some legal technicalities. The border between North and South troubled North Korean saboteurs regularly appear in the South and from the North infiltrated the terrorists, at least three times – in 1968, 1974 and 1982 – attempted to organize the assassination of South Korean presidents. “Small” the war of the intelligence and special forces at any moment could escalate into a major war, and military experts for several decades, the Korean Peninsula belongs to the most unstable regions of the planet. Therefore not surprising that in the life of the Republic of Korea army plays a significant Continue reading