Official name: The Republic Of Korea
Voltage: in South Korea, two types of voltage — 110V and 220V. Therefore, before taking the device into the network, check what the voltage is indicated on the outlet.
How to get there: Airlines «Aeroflot» and Korean Air do direct daily flights from Moscow to Seoul. A number of airlines offering flights with transfer in various European cities and Asia. Incheon international airport is located 52 km from Seoul and is connected with the highway. It is a multipurpose facility that is used not only for transport purposes but also as an entertainment and shopping centre. To Seoul can be reached by buses-trains and taxis.
Geography. The Korean Peninsula is situated in northeast Asia. From the North-Western side boundary between the Korean Peninsula and China passes through the river Amnok river (chin. Yalu), and the North-Eastern side of the Tumen river (chin. Dominican) separates the Peninsula from China and the Russian Federation.
The Korean Peninsula bordering the Yellow sea on the West side and the East sea to the East. On all sides it is surrounded by numerous Islands, the largest of which are the jejudo and Ulleungdo.
From North to South the Peninsula stretches for 1,030 Continue reading
– The minimum military recruitment age: 20 years
– Available military manpower: 12 483 677
– Total military personnel: 5 209 000 (on the front line — 687 000, backup power to 4 500 000, as well as paramilitary — 22 000)
Annual military expense: 28,940,000,000$ (2008)
– The available purchasing power: 206 1 000 000 000 $
– Gold reserves reported by: 271 100 000 000 $
– Total working power: 23 980 000
– legally South Korea is still belligerent country. In 1953 the Korean war ended not in peace but only a truce, a cease-fire. In Korea, no peace Treaty, there is a formal agreement that would stop the war, so with the international legal point of view the Korean war as yet over. And it’s not just some legal technicalities. The border between North and South troubled North Korean saboteurs regularly appear in the South and from the North infiltrated the terrorists, at least three times – in 1968, 1974 and 1982 – attempted to organize the assassination of South Korean presidents. “Small” the war of the intelligence and special forces at any moment could escalate into a major war, and military experts for several decades, the Korean Peninsula belongs to the most unstable regions of the planet. Therefore not surprising that in the life of the Republic of Korea army plays a significant Continue reading
… From afar to our country… came Confucius, Mencius, Chuang Tzu… the Sages of China, in addition to the teachings of the Dao, brought silk… Jasper… and something more noble and wonderful than Jasper, with the characters… And the characters’re not conquered us, and we subjugated the characters…Not that our language could be Chinese… But we triumphed not only over the characters. Our breath was like sea wind, softened even the teachings of Confucius and the teachings of Lao-Tzu… the Buddha suffered the same fate… not Our power to destroy. It is, to change them. 
Ryunosuke Akutagawa (1892-1927)
The Japanese sometimes compare their country with a trunk of bamboo, bound in steel and wrapped in plastic. This is the exact way. Tourist attractions that first brought the eyes of foreigners, and indeed something similar with an exotic wrapper, which sometimes Peeps through steel modern industrial Japan. It is easy to notice the new lines on the face of this country. Harder to look into her soul, to touch hidden from prying eyes with bamboo trunk, feel its elasticity.
Japan is located Continue reading